Identification, Images, & Information
For Insects, Spiders & Their Kin
For the United States & Canada
Clickable Guide
Moths Butterflies Flies Caterpillars Flies Dragonflies Flies Mantids Cockroaches Bees and Wasps Walkingsticks Earwigs Ants Termites Hoppers and Kin Hoppers and Kin Beetles True Bugs Fleas Grasshoppers and Kin Ticks Spiders Scorpions Centipedes Millipedes

Calendar
Upcoming Events

Photos of insects and people from the 2015 gathering in Wisconsin, July 10-12

Photos of insects and people from the 2014 gathering in Virginia, June 4-7.

Photos of insects and people from the 2013 gathering in Arizona, July 25-28

Photos of insects and people from the 2012 gathering in Alabama

Photos of insects and people from the 2011 gathering in Iowa

Photos from the 2010 Workshop in Grinnell, Iowa

Photos from the 2009 gathering in Washington

TaxonomyBrowseInfoImagesLinksBooksData
Photo#314358
Incurvate Emerald, new for Kouchibouguac National Park in 2009 - Somatochlora incurvata - female

Incurvate Emerald, new for Kouchibouguac National Park in 2009 - Somatochlora incurvata - Female
Callendars Beach salt marsh, Kent County, New Brunswick, Canada
August 1, 2009
Caught in a massive swarm of 1000s of odes feeding over the salt marsh on a warm sunny day...

About 80% were Darners, the remaining 20% were Emeralds, mostly Incurvate, including this lovely female we managed to net