1,060 m (3,477') elevation. MV & Black Lights. 8.2 km (5 mi.) north of Alta on Drum Power House Rd., 39.2450, -120.7823., Placer County, California, USA
April 30, 2015
Size: 3.5 mm
Keyed out in Arnett (1)
- tarsi 5-5-5
- Tarsomere 4 of all tarsi simple, not lobed. Some protarsal segments slightly swollen and padded.
- Antennae 11 segmented & geniculate (bent sharply between 1st & 2nd segment).
- No ocelli.
- Gular sutures
underside head separate and closest at middle or more posteriorly (arrows point to diverging gular sutures). (view looking through the procoxae).
- Head punctation - ventrally similar to dorsal with microsuclptures??
with paired teeth (not median tooth) (very difficult to see with my resolution).
- Apical maxillary palpomeres
- Neck/head width = 7/18 (ocular scale) = head greater than 1/3 as wide as head.
- Prosternum with median carina
(see arrow, head to left).
- Pronotum with large triangular postcoxal process
on hypomeron (underside of pronotum) behind procoxa (in picture, profemur is in the foreground, head to left).
- Pronotum width/length = 17/16 (ocular scale).
- Large elongate procoxae.
- Apex of hind tibia with ctenidium (row of spines) only on posterior side (not shown).
- Hind coxae transverse (not shown).
- Paratergites separating tergites and ventrites.