Elevation 700', GPS = 38.8198, -121.1173.
Taken from 20 watt UV light bucket trap.
Any help appreciated.
Four years later, I have reviewed this specimen with more knowledge and expertise (with my microscope and built in camera). I have added 4 images.
I just ran this specimen through Bousquet's key (1)
to Dyschirius to Dyschirius analis
The following characters shown in pictures recently added point to D. Annals.
- Elytral striae 3-6 usually impressed behind the third discal puncture
- Clypeofrontal suture superficial (barely seen in picture of face
- Frons smooth, not rugose (wrinkled).
- Body length 3.0-4.2 mm.
- Elytra black or dark brown.
- Elytral vertical part of base pale yellowish. Very difficult to catch in pictures.
- Elytron with 3 discal setigerous punctures.
- Elytron without coppery spots.
- Elytral intervals 1, 5, and 7 without setigerous punctures.
- Elytron with base not marginated
- Pronotum and elytra without microsculpture.
- Anterior half of the elytron with 3 subhumeral setigerous punctures
(1 seta missing from one puncture).
- Clypeus with two projections (not convex)
at middle of anterior margin.
- Pronotum with lateral bead
not extended to level of posterolateral setigerous puncture.