San Francisco Apartment Dweller - Trogium pulsatorium
San Francisco, San Francisco County, California, USA
July 5, 2014
Size: 2-3 mm
Found it crawling around the baseboard in a third-floor apartment. Originally thought it was a bedbug nymph, but inspector found no other evidence of bedbugs and stated that the head looked wrong. Inspector couldn't tell us what it might be. Can any of you?
- Color is actually a very light brown.
- Abdomen has light horizontal stripes (or is maybe just segmented).
- Antennae appear to be slightly shorter than the body.
- Appears to have six legs (front of abdomen, mid-thorax, front of thorax?)
- Background is cardboard from a tissue box.
- We think we found one other similar bug, but can't find it now.
- We've been getting small bedbug-like bites for months but also sometimes have mosquitos and haven't seen this bug before today.