Experience in the following:
Curation & management of living arthropod & invertebrate collections & exhibits; insect/arthropod/invertebrate propagation & husbandry; design & maintenance of terrestrial, freshwater & marine systems and exhibits; curation of preserved insect/invert. collections & displays; specimen preservation, preparation, mounts & display; permitting (incl., USDA, USFWS and state permits as applicable); supervision in the collection & acquisition of specimens; development of policies & protocols for invert acquisition, maintenance and use; budget management, inventories and purchase of supplies; supervision/training of staff, interns & volunteers; supervision and development of assoc. education & programming; participation with special events (esp. those featuring Invertebrates); partnership & program development; provide educational & institutional support for invertebrate related programs & projects; media related programming (TV, Radio, Social Media, News Papers & Magazines); research & collaborative projects (provide information, materials, and specimens for scientific publications); organize & lead field trips/collecting trips; arthropod/insect identification; plant identification & husbandry (field botany & horticulture); and Registrar duties for live animal collections
* Pursue Independent Projects in the Field of Entomology
* Taxonomic studies involving North American Cicadas: Neotibicen & Megatibicen
* Taxonomic studies involving Lepidoptera: Morpho Butterflies & Saturniid Moths (esp. Hyalophora)
* Collection Preparation & Preservation Techniques
* Insect Collecting/Maintain a Large Private Collection (Hobbyist)
* Rearing Native Butterflies, Moths & Beetles (hobby and conservation endeavors)
* Botany & Horticulture (plant propagation and gardening)
* Special interests in North American Palms (Arecaceae), Bromeliads, Orchids and Asteraceae
* Herpetology (esp. Native Rat Snakes)
* Participate in "Citizen Science Projects"
* Participate in Local BioBlitz Projects
* Design & Deliver Educational Programming (focus on Entomology, Invert's & Plants)
Please NOTE: This is a Personal Account; all associated posts, images, identifications, comments & opinions are my own and are not to be considered nor interpreted as those of my employer - nor as institutional endorsements on my behalf.