Professional Biologist (Employed 20+ years) with Experience in the following:
Curation/management of Living Arthropod/Invertebrate Collections & Exhibits; Insect/Arthropod/Invertebrate Propagation & Husbandry; Design & maintenance of Terrestrial, Freshwater & Marine Systems; Curation of Preserved Educational Insect/Invert. Collections; Specimen Preservation, Preparation, Mounts & Display; USDA Permitting (USFWS permits as applicable); Development and Enforcement of Policies & Protocols; Budget, Inventories and Purchase of Supplies; Supervision of the Collection & Acquisition of Specimens; Supervision and Training of Staff, Interns & Volunteers; Supervision of Assoc. Education & Programming; Special Events featuring Invertebrates; Partnership & Program Development; Providing Educational & Institutional support for Invert. related programs & projects; Media related programming (TV, Radio, Social Media, News Papers & Magazines); Providing information, materials, and specimens for scientific publications; Organize & lead field trips/collecting trips; Arthropod/Insect identification; Plant identification & husbandry (Field Botany & Horticulture); and Registrar duties associated with Live animal collections
* Pursue Independent Projects in the Field of Entomology
* Insect Collecting/Maintain a Large Private Collection (Hobbyist)
* Collection Preparation & Preservation Techniques
* Rearing Native Butterflies, Moths & Beetles
* Botany & Horticulture (plant propagation and gardening)
* Herpetology (esp. Native Rat Snakes)
* Participate in "Citizen Science Projects"
* Participate in Local BioBlitz Projects
* Design & Deliver Educational Programming (focus on Entomology, Invert's & Plants)
Please NOTE: This is a Personal Account; all associated posts, images, identifications, comments & opinions are my own and are not to be considered nor interpreted as those of my employer - nor as institutional endorsements on my behalf.