City, state, country:
Wildwood, Missouri, U.S.A.
- Worldwide Buprestidae, emphasis on New World (recent BugGuide postings
- Nearctic Cerambycidae (recent BugGuide postings
- Nearctic Cicindelidae (recent BugGuide postings
- Missouri Coleoptera
Current research projects:
- Tiger beetles of Missouri
- Larval host associations of Nearctic Buprestidae and Cerambycidae (determined by rearing)
- Revision of Nearctic Taphrocerus
- Buprestidae of Mexico
I also maintain a website called Beetles In The Bush
- featuring essays and photographs of insects (especially beetles) and their hosts, the habitats and natural communities in which they occur, and the landscapes harboring them. I also discuss their taxonomy and relationship with botany, geology, and natural history.
A list of my publications
is located at my website with links to PDFs of all papers. I can also send hard reprints or photocopies if desired.
Rio Grande Village, Big Bend National Park, Texas
“I feel like an old war-horse at the sound of a trumpet when I read about the capture of rare beetles." Charles Darwin (1809-1882)